We strongly recommend planning ahead if you are planning to purchase a new air conditioner or require repairs. CON ED has many incentives if you are looking into energy saving options as well as billing options like "level pay" where you have a flat bill over 12 months instead of higher bills during summer months.
If you are having an air conditioner delivered in the future please review the delivery application online. To ensure correct installation of your bracket or A/C we recommend hiring a professional. You can find the required alteration application online prior to installation or commencement of repairs. If you have a question about what is required, please contact Jessica Munoz.
Window Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
You’ve probably turned on your window AC for summer season, but have you done a maintenance check?
Chances are you’re in for a pretty warm summer. It’s important to make sure your window air conditioner runs smoothly all summer.
Why You Need to Maintain Your AC
The last thing you need in the middle of a heat wave is a broken air conditioner. A little basic maintenance will keep your unit running smoothly.
Not only will it prevent breakdowns, it will also reduce energy consumption and make the unit more efficient. Always review your owner’s manual for any specific tips and suggestions from your manufacturer. Keeping basic maintenance will also extend the life of your window AC, so be sure to follow the tips below.
- Check the bracket: Check your bracket from the outside - is in good condition? rusted? They do not last forever.
- Check the Air Filter: Change or clean your air filter on a regular basis. It’s an important aspect of keeping your AC running efficiently.
- Look at the window guards: Check the accordion side panels and for gaps along any weather seal to reduce outside airflow and increase efficiency.
- Clean the Inside: Check the condenser coils and clean as needed.
- Remote Batteries: Replace your remote’s batteries.
- Take a Look at the Settings: Test the AC’s functions. Turn on different fan speeds and modes to ensure everything is running smoothly.
If you find issues that you can’t fix or notice your model’s not running the same as last summer, check your manufacturer’s warranty. If you’re still under warranty, reach out to your manufacturer to see if they can help. Most window ACs have warranties that last at least a year.
From installing a window air conditioner to maintaining it, you may require professional installation or repair.
Two professional companies who have provided service at are listed below. These are suggestions only, not an endorsement of either.
Air conditioner installation/brackets requires contacting management and having an alteration application approved prior to proceeding, please plan ahead!
Forest Hills, Queens
Al or Joan