During these trying times we are committed to support one another in any way we can, particularly with social distancing that may last for months.
If you are in a higher risk group, isolated, alone or require assistance of any kind (errands, picking up prescriptions, etc.) please let us know by replying to this email or calling Orlando 646-209-8530 who will relay the message. We encourage you to check on each other on your floors or form some buddy relationships- if you haven't seen or heard from someone knock on the door, call or send a text to make sure everything OK.
If you have symptoms, test positive or become sick at home on quarantine, let us know so we can check in on you to support you during this stressful time, bring supplies or food. This may be inevitable for many of us as hospitals become more stressed and more people become exposed.
We have already had a few people email us to volunteer to help anyone in need. This is what makes us proud to live here. If you would like to join our "helper" list please reply to this email. People are available on different days or different times so everyone welcome to build numbers. We can still support each other with social distancing with phone calls or talking through the door if necessary! If you have suggestions, let us know!
Orlando & Harold will be wiping down hot spots - entrance, elevator buttons, elevator knobs, laundry room touch pads etc. with cleaners twice daily as a preventive measure.
See below for important information from our councilman, Daniel Dromm's office. We encourage you to keep updated through reliable news sources. The text/COVID information highlighted below is an excellent source of local information. Information & recommendations change quickly, it's important to stay in the know.
Finally, the Board of Directors has voted to cancel our Annual General Meeting and Elections May 7th. This will be rescheduled at a later date (to be determined).
Warwick Board of Directors
As you may know, the president, governor and mayor all declared a state of emergency due to the coronavirus pandemic. In an effort to prevent the the spread of infection and protect both the public and my staff, I am implementing several safety measures at my district office:
- We will continue to assist you with all your needs, but will conduct business by phone and email. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm. If you need help for any reason, please call (718) 803-6373 or email my staff:
- For constituent services, email Qibin Ye at QYe@council.nyc.gov, Jacqueline Cosme at JCosme@council.nyc.gov or Kelly Wu at KWu@council.nyc.gov.
- For press inquiries, email Michael Mallon at MMallon@council.nyc.gov.
- For legislative issues, email Sebastian Maguire at SMaguire@council.nyc.gov.
- For matters pertaining to the NYC budget, email Robin Forst at RForst@council.nyc.gov.
- For all other matters, email my chief of staff Carolyn Tran at CTran@council.nyc.gov.
- NYC public schools are closed until April 20th. Remote digital learning will begin on Monday, March 23rd. You can find a letter from the Schools Chancellor with additional information below.
- Effective today, evictions have been halted statewide until further notice.
- Effective 8pm tonight, restaurants, bars and cafes will be closed for in-person dining. To-go and delivery orders may still be taken.
- All gyms, movie theaters, nightclubs and theaters will also be closed beginning tomorrow.
- We must all do our part to slow down infection rates. The Center for Disease Control recommends social distancing: maintaining approximately 6 feet from others whenever possible. This is particularly important for those who are over the age of 60, have a weakened immune system or smoke/vape. Please maintain a reasonable distance from people. Avoid shaking hands and opt to wave hello instead.
- Remember to stay home if you feel sick, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face.
- Know that it is illegal for stores to overcharge you for hand sanitizer, face masks and disinfectant wipes. Report price gouging to 311 and to the New York State Attorney General's office via https://ag.ny.gov/price-gouging-complaint-form
- Text "COVID" to 692-692 to receive the latest updates and additional information from NotifyNYC on any City action related to COVID-19. For updates in Spanish, text "COVIDESP" to 692-692.
NYC Council Member
For instruction resources for every grade level in every subject, click here.
For more information and updates from the NYC Department of Education, click here.