FISP (Facade Inspection & Safety Program) Cycle 9 will commence on Monday, July 20th with our project contractor, Amsterdam Restoration.
The current scope of work is in the front of the building on 35th Avenue.
Cost is approximately $200,000 with a timeline of about 3 months.
Time and cost may change if additional work is required.
We encourage all residents to continue to report leaks and cracks to Orlando to investigate and report to our team at AMR Engineering while we have a team mobilized on site and weather is in our favor.
On Monday July 20, the sidewalk shed installation will commence from the east side - 77th st ("L" line) to the front - 35th Ave ("N" line).
This is expected to take 2-3 days.
As for previous cycles, we will continue to update residents via email, please take time to review notices.
We would like to bring the following to your attention:
1. Residents should be aware that this operation may cause dust, even though the contractor will be using vacuums for dust control. Residents should close and lock their windows when work is taking place and nearby.
2. Amsterdam Restoration will protect the existing air conditioners with filters because of possible dust. However, these filters do not guarantee the safety of these A/C units, operation of air conditioners in the immediate area of work may result in irreversible damage to the units, and the residents are advised to use this equipment during non-work hours to avoid any problems with their equipment. If the A/C units are used by residents, Amsterdam Restoration and Warwick Owners Corp. bear no responsibility for damage of the A/C units due to dust. Amsterdam Restoration strongly recommends that A/C units are not used, especially when work is being performed nearby. A/C units should be turned off any time an apartment is not occupied. A/C filters should be cleaned or exchanged frequently. We may ask that individual A/C units are removed so we can complete the work on a particular drop. Warwick Owners Corp. is responsible for professional removal and reinstallation for the resident.
3. Operations may cause vibrations to the exterior walls. Residents should remove any hanging picture frames, mirrors, breakables, from walls, shelves, etc. that may be in danger of falling / breaking from these vibrations. Amsterdam Restoration and Warwick Owners Corp. are not responsible for damages caused by these vibrations.
4. Construction personnel will be outside of the residents’ apartments, on hanging scaffolding. Residents should close and lock their windows and close their blinds /curtains for privacy. Windows close to construction work will be covered with plastic sheeting. Please do not tamper with this covering. It will be removed when safe.
5. Residents should never stick their heads or any other body part out of their windows during the hours of construction for their own safety.
6. Residents should NOT interact with the contractor's employees for any reason. This is distracting and could be dangerous for the employees. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Orlando to relay to the foreman or Maria Pietrzak.
7. Work will be conducted 8:00 am -5:00 pm Monday through Friday except for holidays (weather permitting). Some work will cause noise and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Amsterdam Restoration and Warwick Owners Corp. will not be held liable for any damages due to residents failing to comply with these minimal measures to ensure their safety or that of their property. This project is filed with the Department of Buildings (DOB) for FISP compliance with all required COVID safety precautions.
Any questions should be directed to our property manager, Maria Pietrzak in writing.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation.