2% maintenance increase for January 2019
After a careful review of projected expenses and to help safeguard against possible unforeseen contingencies, the Warwick Board of Directors have decided that a 2% maintenance increase was necessary. The last increase was four years ago, in 2015. The new cost per share is $0.9132.
We have a few other items to share with our residents.....
Website – The Warwick Board has created a dedicated website for easy access to information. warwickownerscorp.com
- Need to know who to call for a specific issue? Check out the directory.
- Update your emergency contact or who lives with you? We have an automated form for that.
- You can also find work order forms for Orlando and a link to all of the building documents and applications.
On-line Billing & Payment System - ClickPay at New Bedford Management is now available.
- See your current statement or make electronic payments.
- Billing questions? Complete the online form to the billing department.
New Exterminator – Pest Pro is our new exterminator.
- Free services for all residents on the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Saturday of the month (sign-up sheet on the bulletin boards).
- The tech will not be knocking on doors. If you require a more thorough evaluation than a general walkthrough treatment, please contact our Property Manager, Mr Sanjiv Diwan.
- Sometimes opportunistic intruders take advantage of your kindness in holding the door open or allowing them to follow behind you into our building.
- The police have warned us that many such con artists are especially active during the holiday season, looking to steal packages left outside of doors or searching for other opportunities in the basement or apartment areas. The Warwick is not immune to this issue.
- Sometimes someone might buzz you and ask for entry with the announcement of “Delivery!” If you are not expecting a delivery, please take a moment to consider that they could ring the Super instead. These people often press a handful of apartment buttons at the same time, hoping someone will let them in.
- Experience has shown that this often happens during the day, in broad daylight. If someone comes to your door claiming to be a representative of Verizon, Spectrum, or any other commercial vendor, please ask to see their ID, or call the company for verification.
- Con Ed has new information to report suspected scammers. We as neighbors, looking out for each other, still offer the best kind of security for the Warwick community!
- Although it is not part of the Super’s job, this kind offer is to avoid items being left in the hall.
- Please consider this option – but speak to him first before arranging for a delivery at his address. Also, if you are picking up an item at his apartment, please be considerate of his work hours and the days off with his family (Friday and Saturday).
- There are other mail and package drop-off options in the neighborhood if you wish to make other arrangements.
- If you are expecting an appliance, furniture, or other oversize delivery (or planning to remove one), please contact Ms. Mary Ann Basrudin in the New Bedford Management office to discuss your delivery application, schedule, and deposit BEFORE scheduling the delivery.
- The application is available on Warwick website for your convenience.
- Please be reminded that your proprietary lease requires Board approval for any alteration to your unit – from painting an apartment yourself to a complete bathroom or kitchen remodel.
- We encourage you to contact Ms. Naomi Catchings in the planning stages to see what is required and if any of your projects requires permits from the Department of building (DOB).
- You can also review the alteration application at your convenience online at the Warwick website.
- As deliveries and boxes increase over the holidays, we encourage all residents to continue this practice to help keep our compactor rooms tidy.
- Items not on the list for recycling (shoes, regular batteries, clothes, small plastic appliances, plastic bags, Styrofoam, books, toys, etc.) should not be left in the compactor rooms.
- Orlando and Jose have reported cardboard boxes blocking the inside of the chutes as well as large bags of person mail. Both have reported injuries from glass down the chutes.
- Please place the items in trash bags – throw them either down the chute (if they fit) or bring them down to the basement.
- Glass items belong with the recyclables, broken glass should be double bagged and marked to warn the staff.
- For unneeded items, consider recycling or donating gently used items to charity. Local charity information is available on our website.
- If your cycle is complete and you have not returned to remove your items, the next user can remove your items to a courtesy basket until you return so they can use the machine. No waiting is required. Paragraph 93 of the house rules state “Laundry machines left unattended at the completion of a cycle may be emptied by other users, as needed.”
- If you have completed a cycle with three of the washers and you still have one to three loads more, please be considerate and permit a waiting resident a turn before starting your second round with the washers.
Christmas tree care – please remember to celebrate safely.
- If you are putting up a Christmas tree this year, please take five minutes to review Christmas tree safety tips of the Fire Department of New York (FDNY).
- If you are planning to get a live tree, please speak with Orlando to decide during his regular hours (Sunday through Thursday) prior to bringing your tree home.
- Trees should go through the basement, and Orlando will set up protective pads for the elevator. Tree sap or needles may scratch the interior of the elevator cabs and needles in the elevator pit can affect its proper functioning.
- At the end of the season, please contact Orlando again; he will give you a plastic sleeve for the proper disposal of your tree.
- Water damages are some of the costliest issues in a pre-war building like the Warwick.
- Winter weather adds extra stress to our building structure, which was built in 1940.
- If you notice banging pipes, leaks, bubbling paint, wet walls, or water sounds from behind the wall or running toilets, please contact Orlando immediately so that he can evaluate the potential damage and notify Management, if needed.
Wishing everyone a peaceful holiday season and healthy new year!
- Warwick Board of Directors